Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Yo-Yo Ma Comes to Town

Yo-Yo Ma is here at Harvard for the week. Everyone is going crazy about it.

I don't really know anything about Yo-Yo Ma. I didn't even know he was a cellist--but I think I knew he played classical music. And I suppose I knew he wasn't a white guy, though I might not have guessed Chinese.

Since I'm in the Arts in Education program, a lot of my musician friends can't wait to see him. I don't know. I just can't get up for it. It's not like Chuck D is here or anything.

But my professor/program director knows him personally, so it's kind of funny when he refers Yo-Yo Ma by his first name, as in "I just spoke to Yo-Yo today on the phone . . . ."

2 comments:

  1. I'm just ecstatic to learn that, thanks to your prof, I am now only four degrees of separation away from Yo Yo. Ma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you s%&$*ing me, Jordan? How can you not know about the mellow yellow fellow with the cello?

    ReplyDelete