Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Real Housewives of New York City

For some reason, I watched clips of The Real Housewives of New York City today. For those of you who don't know (and I hope that's many of you), it's a reality show about the richest wives/gold diggers of New York City. I think I was checking out the Huffington Post, and there was a link to some of these wives' shenanigans, and I watched it.

I saw about 5 minutes of clips, but I think that's enough to understand the scope of the show. (Kelly really is crazy! That Bethany is such a bitch!)

These women are the most embarrassing, reprehensible, unabashedly shallow, useless, self-involved people on the planet. Which must the the function of the show. Maybe we needed to get to the rock bottom of the human species, to take all the horrors of consumerism and wealth and media whoring and superciliousness and selfishness and push them to their logical ends. And when we do, we get these housewives, the most shameful, vile versions of any human beings ever. And then we can look at it and say "there, that's it. That's as low as we can go. It can get no worse than this. We can start here, and any move we make will be an improvement. And least we know which way is up."

And yet, I may just need to watch a few more of these clips before I go to sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment