Friday, November 20, 2009

Plato Made Me Miss My Train Stop

Early in the year I was reading Plato on the train back to my home. I was trying to sneak in some extra homework because time is always short in these parts. And the reading was so absorbing, I completely missed my stop. I took it all the way to the end, and then had to hop a train back. No mind though, I was enjoying that old greek and what he had to say. In fact, if you love reading, have you ever noticed that it's never a problem to have to wait for something? Is your plane delayed? Great, more time to sit down and read your novel. Got to the doctor's office early? No problem, more time to read. Imprisoned for the next 10 years? Good, you can finally catch up on that stack of books.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I love having to wait. It's always so satisfying to pull that book out of my purse.
    Wait--where do men keep their waiting material?

    ReplyDelete