Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Chicago Triathlon


So last summer I completed the Chicago Triathlon, olympic distance.  Put in countless hours of training and preparation, entered (a bit) into the growing triathlon community, and loved everything about the race day.

I thought I'd blog about the whole experience, but then I came across this article in The Onion: 

http://www.theonion.com/articles/im-truly-sorry-for-this-but-youre-about-to-hear-al,28995/

That's how good The Onion is.  They'll call you on your pretentiousness before you can even get started.  And they're the one publication that can stop you cold before you write something.

1 comment:

  1. Yo, is this the Steve Jordan that taught me about Noam Chomsky? The man who took my hip-hop up a notch with his passion for the Public Enemy? Tried dropping an email to an old one but not sure you will receive it.....Anyways, love to connect! Hope all is well and I can hear back from you!

    ReplyDelete