Saturday, December 4, 2010

That Was Unexpected

One day this week, before 3rd period started, a student of mine came into class early. Let's call her Karolina. She seemed to be in a good mood, smiling and humming to herself. I asked her how she was:

ME: Karolina, how's it going?

KAROLINA: Great Mr. Jordan.

ME: How so?

KAROLINA: Well, I got some good news back from the doctor.

(As a teacher, anytime you hear half-revealed information like this, you always wonder if the students want to tell you more. And in case they do, you give them the chance.)

ME: You did? Is it anything concerning? And, if you want, you know you can feel free to tell me about it.

KAROLINA: Well, O.K. (pause). I just found out my chlamydia is all cleared up.

(Good to know Karolina, good to know).

1 comment:

  1. I'm an old student from MHS 98ish--anyway, came upon your blog and truly love it. I particularly enjoyed this post on chlamydia-nice.

    ReplyDelete